Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
How to Cook Chicken Tikka Masala
Chicken is the common food all over the world and I think many people keep on looking for different chicken dishes to taste. Have heard of chicken tikka? Do you know UK took the idea of chicken tikka and made the chicken tikka masala which remains the most likeable recipe of the country for several years from now. Chicken tikka marsala is also my hubby’s favorite so I cooked this many times at home. If you tried chicken tikka masala in a restaurant and looking for "How to Cook Chicken Tikka Masala" at home then you are at right place because I have everything written here in a step-by-step process.
Ingredients for Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe:
- Chicken (1/2lb I prefer boneless chicken)
- Yogurt (2-3tbsp)
- Ginger garlic paste (3tbsp)
- Cashew paste (2tbsp)
- Onion (2medium)
- Tomato (1medium size finely chopped)
- Cumin seeds (1/4tbsp)
- Cardamom (1)
- Turmeric powder (1/2tbsp)
- Chili powder (as per taste)
- Salt (as per taste)
- Curry leaves (2-3)
- Oil (3-4tbsp)
- Capsicum (1medium size)
- Tandoor masala (1tbsp)
- Cumin powder (1/2tbsp)
- Coriander powder (1/2tbsp)
Steps to Cook Chicken Tikka Masala:
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and marinate (add yogurt, ginger garlic paste, tadoor masala to the chicken), mix it well and keep aside for about half an hour.
- Take pan and add 1tbsp oil, when it becomes hot add the marinated chicken and fry it till it turns golden brown.
- Cut the capsicum and onion into small pieces like chicken.
- Fry the onion and capsicum for 4-5 minutes.
- In the mean time again cut another onion into small pieces.
- Take another pan add 2-3 tbsp oil when oil becomes hot add cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onion and fry it till turns brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry it for about 5 minutes.
- Then add cashew paste and again fry it for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomato to the masala and grind it well.
- Take the grinded masala add turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt and fry it till oil comes out of the masala.
- Add these fried chicken,capsicum and onion to this masla and mix it well.
- Add milk and leave it in the medium heat for about 5 minutes
Now the chicken tikka masala is ready to serve with naan (kind of Indian bread), chapati or roti. You can eat this with rice also. Hope you will enjoy it. Try it today and leave me a comment with your experience.