Chilli Paneer Recipe Dry
Best Paneer Recipe
If you have ever read my previous recipes you would know my craziness for non-veg dishes and how much I love to cook non-veg than vegetarian dishes. But there are some vegetarian dishes that I really love, chilli paneer is one among those. It is a Chinese dish.
The method of preparation varies in different parts of world due to choice of spices and other ingredients. I can’t say it is a low calorie food but can definitely say it is really a delicious vegetarian dish. This recipe is for 2-3 people.
Ingredients for Dry Chilli Paneer:
- Paneer(8 oz cut into small cubes, here I used just ¼ of this paneer slab)
- Corn flour(1/2 tsp)
- Red chilli powder(1tsp/ you can use according to your taste)
- Red Onion (1/2 cup cut into cube size)
- Capsicum/green bell pepper(1/4 cup cut into cube size)
- Ginger(1/2 tsp minced)
- Garlic(1/2 tsp minced)
- Soya sauce(1tsp)
- Green chilli sauce(1tsp/ can use as per your taste)
- Red chili sauce(1tsp/ can use as per your taste)
- Oil(for deep frying)
- Salt(to taste)
How to Make Chilli Paneer:
- Cut the paneer into small cube size pieces as shown in the picture.
- In a small bowl add corn flour, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well all the dry ingredients with paneer.
- Take frying pan, add oil and let it heat till oil become hot. Now add the coated paneer to the oil and fry it till it turns slight brown.
- Take another pan heat 1tsp of oil when oil become hot add chopped ginger, garlic to it and saute for a while.
- Add onion and capsicum, again fry it till it is half cooked.
- Add soya, red and green chilli sauce to the fried onion and capsicum.
- Add fried paneer pieces to this sauce, mix all the ingredients well and saute it for 2-3 minutes in a low to medium flame.(if you want you can add very little amount of water to it and boil till it is dry).
- Now your chili paneer is ready to serve.
You can serve it hot with chapatti, poori, rice or naan whatever you like. I love to eat this with poori. If you know any other way of making chilli paneer please share with me.