Dahi Bhindi Masala
Bhindi Masala Receipe
I thought of making a tasty and easy to prepare food as I am craving a lot for good food.
I was thinking what to make with bhindi as I have affluent of these in my freezer, suddenly bhindi masala came to my mind. So today’s section is hydrabadi bhindi masala, let’s see how it goes. Hope you will enjoy this recipe.
Ingredients for Hydrabadi Bhindi Masala:
- 3 cups Bhindi/Okra
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped (you can use tomato paste as well)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic Paste
- A pinch of sugar
- 1 tbspgrated coconut
- 1 cup yogurt well beaten
- 8-10no cashew nuts
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- A pinch of kasuri methi
- ½ tsp amchur / dry mango powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Jeera/Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 2-3Dry Red Chillies
- A Pinch of Asafoetida
- Few Curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt as per taste
Hydrabadi Bhindi Masala Recipe:
- Clean and dry your okra with a kitchen towel or with paper towel.
- Cut okra into small size pieces and sprinkle little salt to it and keep it aside for an hour. This helps in reducing the sliminess while frying the okra.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan and add okra pieces to it. Now fry them continuously at high flame till they turn brown retaining their crispiness, now keep them aside.
- Now grind soaked cashews and coconut to smooth paste adding the milk used for soaking.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds to it. When they pop, add cumin seeds, urad dal, dry red chillies, hing and curry leaves and saute it for a minute till the dal turns golden brown in colour.
- Now add finely chopped onions and fry till onion turn slight golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for another minute. Add garam masala, red chilli powder, amchur, turmeric, coriander powder and kasuri methi to it. Fry for a minute in a very low flame.
- Add finely chopped tomato and saute till they completely mash up with this masala.
- Now add cashew and coconut paste to it and saute continuously for a minute or two.
- Add water according to your required gravy. (Here I have used one and half cup of water). Let it boil in a medium low flame for a minute or two.
- Now add well beaten yogurt, salt and sugar as per your taste.
- Finally add fried okra to this yogurt mixture and mix it well. Cook it for another 2-3 minutes in a low flame.
Now your hydrabadi bhindi masla is ready to serve with plain rice or roti. I love to eat this with plain basmati rice and cucumber salad. Hope you all will try it in your kitchen and leave me two lines with your experience. If you like the recipe then feel free to recommend it below.