Easy Cauliflower Recipe
Vegetarian Cauliflower Recipe
Many Indian are vegetarians and they eat vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk, etc. These foods hold micro-nutrients and vitamins that produce antioxidants which are good for heart, blood pressure and diabetes.
Calories and the food nutrition depend on the way the food is cooked. An Indian dish can be high in calories if it is cooked by deep frying, it may be low in calories if it is stir fried or baked. But there is a unique taste in Indian food which is testy and delicious. Here I have one delicious Indian vegetarian food for you. You can serve it to 2-3 people easily.
Ingredients for Gobi Aloo Masala:
- Vegetable oil(1 ½ tbbsp)
- Potato(1 medium peeled and cut into 1 to 2 inch cube size)
- Cauliflower (1/2 of the medium size cut into medium size pieces)
- Ginger-garlic paste(1tsp)
- Turmeric powder(1/4 tsp)
- Salt(to taste)
- Tomato (1/4 of a medium size make a fine paste)
- Onion(1/2 of a small size make fine paste and finely chop the rest half)
- Cumin paste(1/4tsp you can use cumin powder but I love to use paste)
- Coriander paste(1/4 tsp you can use coriander powder)
- Water(according to your consistency)
- Dry methi/fenugreek leaves(1/4tsp)
- Cilantro/coriander leaves(2 to 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped)
How to Make Aloo Gobi Masala:
- Wash the cauliflower and potato thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry these potato and cauliflower till it is 80% cooked. Cook these in a very low flame.
- Now drain the potato and cauliflower from pan.
- Add the finely chopped onion to the oil and fry it till become soft. Now add rest of the onion paste to the fried onion and mix it well.
- Add ginger garlic paste to the onion paste and fry it for two-three minutes.
- Add the cumin, coriander paste, turmeric powder, dry fenugreek leaves and tomato puree and fry it till oil comes out of the masala.
- Now add the fried potato and cauliflower to the masala and mix it well. Again fry it for a while.
- Add ½ cup of warm water to it and let it boil for one to two minute in a high flame.
- Now the gobi aloo is ready to serve, garnish the dish with some chopped coriander leaves and garam masala.
Now you can serve it hot with rice, naan, roti or poori. I love to eat this with naan. If you have any new ideas just feel free to suggest me here. I will appreciate your comments too.