Egg Coconut Curry
Quick Egg Recipe
Do you like coconut? I know many people don’t like it like me. There are lots of ways to use coconut in your recipe.I have read lots of articles where it is recommended to eat coconut oil instead of olive and vegetable oil as it helps in lose weight but people are not use to it.
In some part of India people eat coconut oil but I have seen majority of people in US don’t like to have this oil in their regular food. In some recipes I like to have coconut flavor so use coconut milk in those cases. Here is a delicious egg coconut recipe for you, can call it malai egg. You can make this spicy curry with various ingredients like shrimp, vegetables and chicken. If you plan to go for vegetable malai curry then replace egg with potatoes or cauliflower. The recipe is for two to three people.
Ingredients for Malai Egg:
- Egg(3-5 large hard boil)
- Onion(1 ½ medium size, make a fine paste with one onion and finely chop the rest half)
- Ginger garlic paste(1tsp)
- • Tomato(1/2 of a medium size finely chop)
- Turmeric powder(1tsp)
- Red chili powder(2tbsp you can adjust according to your taste)
- Cumin powder(1tsp)
- Coriander powder(1tsp)
- Egg masala powder (1tsp optional, I use it to give a nice flavor)
- Whole garam masla(clove, black pepper, cinnamon stick, bay leaves)
- Oil(1 tbsp)
- Coconut milk(1cup)
- Coriander leaves(for garnishing)
- Salt(to taste)
- Water(1/2 cup or adjust according to your need)
How to Make Malai Egg Curry:
- Peal the outer skin of boiled eggs. In a pan add oil, when oil become hot fry these eggs with little turmeric powder and salt till they turn to slight brown.(before frying make a small cut in egg to avoid from bursting)
- Drain extra oil and keep those eggs aside. Add whole garam masala to this hot oil and saute it for one minute in a low flame.
- Add chopped onion, fry till it turn to slight brown. Now add onion, ginger garlic paste, turmeric, cumin, coriander powder and fry it till all water evaporate from the paste.(you can use onion paste but I love to use finely chop onion with onion paste because it gives a nice gravy)
- Add chop tomato and fry it till oil comes out of the masala.
- Add coconut milk, water slowly and stir constantly.
- Then add salt, egg masala and fried eggs to this gravy. Allow it to cook till the gravy if formed in right thinness in a low to medium flame.
Now the egg curry is ready to serve, garnish this with chopped cilantro and serve hot with rice, chapatti, paratha or naan. Hope you will enjoy this dish.