Italian Eggplant Recipe
Do you love Italian food? I really like it a lot. Italy is not like India where you find 1000s and 1000s of recipes, anyway I found one interesting recipe that I can share with you. Here I have a unique Italian recipe for you. The recipe I have given here is for 2-3 people.
Ingredients for Eggplant Rolls:
- Eggplant (1 big sliced approx 1/2 inch lengthwise)
- Ricotta Cheese(4-5tbsp)
- Mozzarella Cheese(1/2cup)
- Italian Seasoning
- Green Chilies(2-3 finely chopped)
- Green Olive(3-4 finely chopped)
- Garlic Powder (1tsp)
- Black Pepper(1tsp)
- Chopped Basil and Parsley leaves
- Crushed Red Chili Flakes
- Pasta Sauce
How to Make Eggplant Rolls:
- Slice Eggplant approximately 1/2 inch lengthwise then add 3-4tsp of salt to it. Leave them for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- In a mixing bowl, combine Ricotta Cheese, Garlic Salt, Crushed Red Chili Flakes, Italian Seasoning, Black Pepper, Green Chilies, green olive and chopped Basil. Mix well and keep aside. (use one spoon of ricotta cheese per each slice of eggplant)
- Rinse off salt from Eggplant and gently squeeze out water with a paper towel.
- Now heat little oil on a skillet and cook eggplant slices till it is slightly brown on both the side and let cool enough to be able to touch it.
- Put a spoon of the Ricotta Cheese mixture on the wide end of the cooked eggplant and roll this cooked eggplant.
- Now brush some oil in a baking dish, put the eggplant rolls in it.
- Put pasta sauce over the eggplant rolls as shown in the picture.
- Now bake it in 425 degree Fahrenheit for 20 minutes. Now sprinkle Mozzarella Cheese on top of it, again bake it till cheese is melted and turned lightly brown.
Now eggplant rolls are ready to serve hot with bread and butter. Hope you will like this recipe. Try out this at your kitchen and Let me know how it comes out.