Holiday Cookie Recipe
Christmas Cookie Recipe
Before making cookies at home I was thinking it is very difficult and cookies are made in factories only. It can’t be made at home but believe me it’s really easy to bake in your kitchen. It turned out well when I baked these cookies for the first time in my oven. Here is the recipe for making these cookies at home; you can bake these cookies during holidays or Christmas.
Homemade Cookie Recipe:
- Semolina/suji (1/3 cup)
- All purpose flour/maida (1/3 cup)
- Gram flour/besan (1/3 cup)
- Baking powder (1 pinch)
- Cardamom powder (1/2 tea spoon)
- Pistachio (for garnishing)
- Almonds (for garnishing)
- Sugar (1 cup)
- Butter (1 stick)
How to Make Cookies at Home
- Mix sugar with butter (mind it butter should be soft in room temperature. Do not melt the butter using your stove or microwave). Mix the sugar and butter till it turn like a cream. You can mix it with hand using a big spoon or use a hand mixture.
- Now add semolina, all purpose flour, gram flour with this butter and make soft dough.
- Then divide the dough into small equal parts and give a round shape or square shape, whatever you want.
- Now garnish the round shape dough with pistachio and almonds.
- Take a cookie sheet (if you do not have cookie sheet then don’t worry you can use aluminum foil). Take a spoon of oil and spread all over the sheet and put all the cookie dough to the sheet.
- Now start the oven at 300 degree temperature for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In the meantime keep checking your cookies if they are coming well or not. After 15 minutes you can take it out. Now the cookies are ready to eat.
If you make these cookies at home during the functions or holidays then let me know how was your experience.