Homemade Onion Ring Recipe
Easy/Crispy Onion Ring Recipe
I have seen many people not liking onion but I am sure everyone along who think they don’t like onion will fall in love with this onion rings. It is crispy from outside and soft inside with sweet texture. I hope you will like my recipe and leave me comments with new ideas.
Crispy Onion Ring Ingredients:
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour/you can use gram flour in case you do not have all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk, or as needed
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- salt to taste
- 1 cup oil for frying, or as needed
How to make Ring Onion:
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer.
- Separate the onion slices into rings, and keep it aside.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together. Dip the onion slices into the flour mixture until they are well coated and keep it aside.
- Now mix the egg and milk into the flour mixture using a fork.
- Dip the floured rings into this batter for coating, and then place the rings on a plate until the batter stops dripping.
- Dip rings one at a time into the bread crumbs. Remember the coating should be done very well.
- Repeat this process with remaining onion rings.
- Deep fry the rings till it turns to golden brown.
- Remove the fried onion to paper towels to drain the extra oil out of it. Put some black salt or normal salt and serve it with tea or coffee in winter or rainy day.
This onion rings can be an innovative starter for your parties, I bet your guests will like and appreciate. Let me know how it goes.