How to Make Crab Curry
Indian Crab Curry Recipe
How doesn’t like to eat crab? At least I like it since the day I tasted it. I remember when my mom use to cook it for our family when I was a kid and I use to struggle a lot to eat it all but I loved it though. It is really tasty and I can eat Indian crab curry even after having my full meal. Here is the recipe for Indian crab curry that I cook at home.
Spicy Crab Curry Recipe:
- Crab (2 medium size)
- Onion (1 medium size finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste (1tbsp)
- Tomato (1 medium size finely chopped)
- Green peeper (1 finely chopped)
- Cumin powder (1/2tbsp)
- Coriander powder (1tbsp)
- Sugar (1 pinch)
- Whole garam masala (1 bay leaf, 3-4 cloves, 2-3 black pepper, 1 cardamom)
- Cumin seeds (1/2tbsp)
- Oil (3-4tbsp)
How to make spicy crab curry:
- First wash the crab with water very well.
- Then trim its legs and divide it into 2-3 pieces according to your crab size. If your crab is big then make it 3-4 pieces.
- Crab has hard outer layer and also very soft inner layer. Then take the belly part out from the outer hard shell of the crab and clean all parts inside the belly. Generally the female crabs will have egg inside the belly so if you see it then don’t wash that. That gives a nice taste to the curry.
- You can boil the crab for couple of minutes before washing the crabs but I prefer raw crabs for preparing the curry because it’s testier than the boil crab.
- In a pan add 2-3tbsp vegetable oil.
- Add sugar because sugar gives the nice color to the curry without adding any color.
- Add whole garam masala.
- Then add chopped onion to the hot oil. Stir the onion till it become golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and stir it well till the oil leave from the pan.
- Just after it add chopped tomatoes, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, chili powder. Stir all the items till the tomatoes are totally mixed with the masala.
- Then add the crab to the mixture and cook it 3-4 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water to it and cover it for 15 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander leaves to it.
Now the Indian crab curry is ready to be served. If you cooked for your family I wish all of them appreciate your food. If you find any trouble in understanding the process of cooking spicy crab curry or know a trick/method to cook it in a different way to find it tastier then please share that with all of us by commenting here.