Indian Chicken Lollipop Recipe
Chicken Lollipop Recipe
I cooked this and posted a picture on my facebook wall, what an overwhelming response, many started asking about the recipe. I prioritized my blog post ahead of everything now. I am excited because this is one more chicken recipe for all chicken lovers like me.
It’s also a kids favorite food, no doubt it’s my favorite appetizer as well. This recipe is neither Indian nor Chinese, you can call it as indo-Chinese recipe and most interesting part is that you can make it according to your taste by adding your favorite spices. Well here is my version of chicken lollipop recipe for you. This recipe is for 2-3 people.
Ingredients for Chicken lollipop:
- 5-7 pieces Chicken wings
- 1large Egg
- 1tspRed chili powder
- 2tsp Soya sauce
- 1tsp Chili garlic sauce
- 1tsp Ginger-Garlic paste(optional)
- Salt(as per taste)
- 1tsp coriander powder
- 1tsp Cumin powder
- 3-4 crushed garlic
- 1tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2tbsp Maggi Hot & Sweet Tomato Chili Sauce
- 3-4tbsp Bread crumbs
- 1tbsp Corn flour
- Oil for deep frying
Recipe for Chicken Lollipop:
- Clean the chicken wings and pat dry using paper towels. Now cut the end of the chicken wings which is the thin part. Once you remove the end part you will remained with another two parts, one is towards shoulder and another one towards end of the wings. Now cut these wings from middle and push the meat down gently as shown in my picture. You will see 2 bones on one of these pieces, just break one of them so that the lollipop looks like having one stick instead of two.
- Add soya sauce, chili-garlic sauce, salt, coriander and cumin powder to the chicken and mix well. Let it rest for a while.
- Now in a small bowl beat one egg until it becomes smooth and add corn flour, red chili powder, salt as per taste. There should not be any lumps in that egg mixture.
- In a pan add oil for deep frying.
- Now dip those marinated chicken to the egg mixture and coat well with bread crumbs.
- Now time for frying. Deep fry those chicken till it turns brown (Fry the chicken in medium heat and do not overcook, take it out when it turns to medium brown). You can serve it to your kids just like that with their favorite sauce. If you want to make it little wet then follow the next steps.
- Now take another pan add 1-2tsp oil, when oil become hot add crushed garlic and toss it for a while, now add soya sauce, tomato ketchup, hot and sweet tomato sauce, mix well in a medium heat.
- Add all fried chicken lollipops to this sauce and mix well so that the sauce will coat well to these lollipops.
Now your chicken lollipop is ready to serve hot with your favorite soup or salad. This is completely my version of lollipop if you like this recipe do not forget to write two lines here.