Indian Egg Biryani
Easy Way to Cook Egg Biryani
Everyone loves biryani, I have also seen many non-indians are madly in love with Biryani. You can make different varieties of biryani like fish, chicken, egg, lamb/mutton, vegetable and so on.
The combination of different spices with rice creates an aromatic main course. You can cook this delicious recipe that is loved by all. Today I am going to make egg biryani in a simple and easy way. You can serve it to 3-4 people.
Ingredients for Egg biryani:
- 2cup of basmati rice
- 4-5no of large eggs
- 2large onion
- 1green cardamom
- 1black cardamom
- ½ packet any biryani masla as your choice
- ½ cup yogurt
- 2-3tbsp vegetable oil
- 2tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1tsp finely chopped mint leaves
- 1tbsp ginger garlic paste
- A handful fried onion.
- Salt as per taste
- 1/4tsp Turmeric powder
How to Prepare Egg Biryani:
- Hard boil eggs. Once it cool down remove the shell from it and fry it with little salt and turmeric powder till turn to golden brown.
- In a pan add oil when oil becomes hot add chopped onion to it and fry it till turn to light pink colour.
- Now add ginger garlic paste to it and fry it for a while. Now add biryani masala to it and mix it well.
- Add whisked yogurt to it and give it a quick mix in a medium flame.
- Now add fried eggs to it and mix it well and let it sit in a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Now it’s time for the most important part, making rice. Clean and wash the rice with cold water and soak it with cold water for about 15-20 minutes.
- In a heavy vessel add sufficient water, around 1tbsp oil, salt to taste, soaked rice and boil the rice till it become 80% done.
- Now drain the excess water from it and let it sit for a while. In another pan add one layer of rice then half of egg masala, sprinkle half of mint and coriander leaves and some fried onion.
- Repeat the same process again and cover a tight lid to that vessel.
- Put it in high flame for 3-4 minutes then low the flame from high to low and let it sit for around 10 minutes. Now switch off the gas and let it sit there for a while. After 5-10 minutes open the lid and give a quick mix carefully and serve your delicious egg biryani with raita.
Hope you enjoy this egg biryani. Make it once at your home and Write here two lines about your experience.