Indian Sweet Rasmalai Recipe
How to Make Rasmalai
There is a common saying Indians have thirteen festivals in twelve months, in-fact there is much more than 13. Diwali is the most common festival, almost every Indian celebrates this occasion. Everyone makes different kind of sweets to eat at home and share with relatives. This time I will make the ras malai. I made it many times in past and all my relatives, friends seem to love it, then why not I guide you making this diwali special sweet rasmalai at your kitchen.
Indian Rasmalai Recipe Ingredients
- Milk (5 cup)
- Lemon (2-3)
- Green cardamom(2-3 crushed)
- Cashew (5-6)
- Almond (4-5 sliced)
- Saffron (kesar 1/4tbsp)
- Sugar (2 cup)
Cooking Recipe for Rasmalai
- Take 3 cup of milk, when milk starts to boil add lemon juice for making paneer. Stir it constantly. Then add some ice cubes that will separate the water from paneer(chena).
- Drain all the water. Take the cheese on the thin cloth and drain the excess water by pressing the cloth. Make sure paneer is dried well and spongy.
- Take a pan and add 2 cups of milk, boil until it gets to 1 cup, add ½ cup of sugar and crushed green cardamom.
- Take the paneer, knead it well and make it soft or blend it without water.
- Make small size cheese balls or oval shape as for your likeness.
- Take pressure cooker, add 3 cups of water and one cup of sugar, boil it now.
- Add all the cheese balls to the boiling water and give one whistle. Open the lid immediately by releasing the pressure.
- Take 3-4tbsp milk, add the saffron and mix it well.
- Add the saffron to the boiled milk for ras(the liquid sweet that you see with the rasgullas).
- Add all the rasgullas to the boiling milk, leave it for 5 minutes in medium heat.
- Then add cashew, pista and almond.
Now the ras malai is ready to serve, you can serve it hot or cold. It is best desert item for the diwali. Try it once at home and leave me your comments.