Indo Chinese Chicken Fried Rice
How to Make Chicken Fried Rice at Home
This is again a chicken recipe, as you know chicken is my favorite food so don’t be surprised seeing too many chicken dishes. Do you like to have something dry in your lunch your dinner. I know people from Odisa or West Bengal don’t prefer to eat something dry in their main course. How about fried rice for today, lets go for Indo Chinese egg chicken fried rice. In India we call Chinese fried rice or simple chicken fried rice but it is actually indo Chinese because we don’t follow their recipe cent percent and don’t skip to add our spices as well. This Indo Chinese fried rice recipe is for 4 people so you can adjust with your head count.
Ingredients for Indian Chinese Fried Rice Recipe:
- Boneless chicken breasts (1/2 lb cut into cubes)
- White rice (2 cups cold and at least 1 day old)
- Eggs(2 large)
- Garlic (2 minced or you can add more according to your taste)
- Frozen peas and carrots(1 cup or you can use fresh one cut into small pieces)
- onion (1 white chopped or you can diced it)
- Soy sauce (2-3tbsp or to your taste)
- Oyster sauce (2 tablespoons or to your taste)
- Oil (for stir frying)
- Pepper powder(1tbsp)
- Salt to taste
How to Make Egg Fried Rice at Home:
- Take a pan and fry the chicken pieces in oil until fully cooked or turned golden brown. Drain the extra oil using paper towels and set aside.
- Beat the eggs very well, fry in butter and scramble. Remove from pan and keep aside.
- Now add 1 teaspoon of oil and when oil become hot, Stir fry diced onion and garlic for 30 seconds, add peas and carrots mix and stir fry until vegetables are cooked.
- Sock the rice in cold water for about an hour and boil the rice.
- Add the rice to the cooked vegetable and stir fry for couple minutes.
- Add soy sauce and oyster sauce to the rice while stir frying.
- Finally add the scrambled egg, chicken pieces and pepper powder, mix well. Now the fried rice is ready to serve.
This is actually my way of making egg chicken fried rice, if you can add any ideas or tips to it then let me know by commenting here. I would also love to know about other types of fried rice like Japanese or thai kind.