Kung Pao Chicken Recipe
How to Make Kung Pao Chicken
If you ever been to panda express you must be wondering how to make kung pao chicken at home.I must tell you the dish is quite easy to make. Do you know a cup of kung pao chicken contains how many calories? It contains 450cal, 27% protein, 10% carbs and 63% of fat. I think it may help you in your diet plan. The recipe I am giving you is for two-three people.
Ingredients for Kung Pao Chicken:
- Chicken(1/2lb boneless)
- Dry red chili(8-10)
- Peanuts(roasted a handful)
- Ginger(1tsp finely chopped)
- Garlic(1tsp finely chopped)
- Corn flour(1 ½ tbsp)
- Mushroom(1-2 cut into small pieces)
- Onion(1 medium cut into small pieces)
- Green pepper/capsicum(1/2 a medium cut into small pieces)
- Zucchini(1/2 of a medium cut into small pieces)
- Soya sauce(1tsp)
- Egg(1 well beaten)
- Salt(as per taste)
- Oil (for frying)
Ingredients for Kung Pao Sauce:
- Chicken stock(1cup)
- Soya sauce(1tsp or you can use according to your taste)
- Oyster sauce(1/2tsp)
- Sugar(a pinch)
- Salt(as per taste)
- Black pepper powder(1/2 tsp)
Process to Cook Kung Pao Chicken:
- Cut the chicken into small cubes. Add soya sauce, beaten egg, very little about 1/2tsp of corn flour to the chicken and mix it well. Refrigerate the marinated chicken for an hour.
- Mix all the ingredients from above list to make the sauce.
- Take a nonstick pan and add oil for frying chicken. When oil becomes hot add the marinated chicken and fry it till it turn to slight brown.
- Add one tbsp of oil to another pan, when oil becomes hot add those dry chilies to the hot oil and bring it to the burning point/till turns to dark brown so that you will get a good smoky flavor to your dish.
- Add chopped ginger and garlic and give a quick stir fry. Then add all the vegetables to this oil and fry it for 1-2minutes.(Here I have added only mushroom, onion, zucchini, capsicum but if you want you can add only Zucchini)
- Add the fried peanuts and mix it well. Now add the sauce to this fried vegetable and bring it to boil. Do not boil the sauce too much as we need our vegetables a bit crunchy.
- Add fried chicken to the boiling sauce, mix it well and allow it to boil for a while. You can adjust the consistency of the chicken according to your taste.
- Now the Kung pao chicken is ready to serve. Serve hot with fried rice or noodle as per your wish. I love to eat this with noodle. If you have any new and easy ideas for making Kung pao chicken then please share with us here.