Making Tandoori Chicken
How to Make Tandoori Chicken at Home
Do you love chicken? We both like chicken so keep trying different recipes at home. He kind of likes tandoori chicken a lot. I have made tandoori chicken several times at home. Believe me you can do it at home and it will not take much of your time. Here is the ingredient and complete process to cook tandoor at home that I followed to make for two of us.
Chicken Tandoori Oven Recipe:
- Chicken (4 leg pieces)
- Chili powder (1tbsp) (as I love hot but you can add as per your taste)
- Lemon or lime juice (2tbsp)
- Salt (as per taste)
- Tandoor powder (2tbsp)(available in every Indian grocery store)
- Yogurt (4tbsp)(thick yogurt, one tbsp for one leg piece)
- Ginger garlic paste(1/2tbsp)(optional)
- Oil (2tbsp)
- Aluminum Foil
Making Tandoori Chicken:
- Cut the leg pieces up to the bone as I have shown in the picture, they are normally called as drumsticks and easily available in US Supermarkets.
- Take chili powder, salt, lime juice and mix it well.
- Add the mixture to the cut part of the chicken and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Now marinate the chicken (take yogurt, add tandoori masala, ginger garlic paste, oil and mix it well with the chicken).
- You should marinate the chicken at least for about an hour. Marinating is the most important thing in making tandoori chicken. If you are in hurry then don’t cook tandoori chicken at least.
- Now take an aluminum foil, sprinkle little oil at the bottom and put all the chicken to the foil.
- Preheat the oven before 10 minutes.
- Now put the chicken in the oven at 500 degree fahrenheit temperature for 30 minutes to 40 minutes.
Now your home made tandoori chicken is ready to serve. Sprinkle little chat masala, chopped onion and lemon juice on the top of the chicken. That will give you a nice taste, you will definitely enjoy it and do not forget to leave comments here.