Malai Kofta Recipe
How to Cook Malai Kofta
Lots of Indians are vegetarians, are you one among them? If you are a vegetarian just try this delicious malai kofta recipe. You can make it in 20 minutes. I like malai kofta very much and I am sure you will cook it again and again once you make it for the first time in your kitchen.
Recipe for Paneer Malai Kofta:
- Boiled potatoes (2 medium size)
- Paneer (1/2cup)
- Cornflower (1tbsp)
- Salt (as per taste)
- Oil (1cup)
- Coriander powder(1tbsp)
- Cumin powder (1tbsp)
- Cashew (5-6)
- Ginger garlic paste (1tbsp)
- Turmeric powder (1/2tbsp)
- Onion (1 medium finely chopped)
- Tomato (1 small finely chopped if you need)
- Milk (1/2cup)
How to Make Malai Kofta:
- Take two boiled potatoes and mash it well.
- Take half cup of paneer (You can use the home made paneer). Add it with the mash potatoes.
- Add salt, coriander powder, cumin powder and cornflower to the mash potatoes and mix it well. Make balls using these mixed ingredients.
- Take a deep pan and add oil for frying. When the oil gets hot, fry the potatoes and paneer balls. When it turns slightly brown take them out.
- In the mean time take another pan and add 2-3 tbsp oil, when oil becomes warm add cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onion and fry it till it turns brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry it for about 5 minutes.
- Then add cashew and again fry it for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomato to the masala paste and fry it 5 minutes. Leave it for 10 minutes when it becomes cool then grind it well.
- Take the grinded masala, add turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, tikka masala, salt and fry it till oil comes out of the masala.
- Add milk and leave it in the medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
Now the delicious malai kofta is ready to serve. Try it today and leave me comments of your experience. Hope you will like it; if not then let me know why it was not good for you.