Mushroom Matar Recipe
Indian Mushroom Curry Recipe
Mushroom is my all time favorite vegetable, I love mushroom matar curry a lot. You can make many recipes with mushrooms like spicy curry, soup, Manchurian, etc. I know many are allergic to mushrooms, if you are one among them then this curry is simply not for you. Hey, I want to add something, if you are also a huge fan of Sanjeev Kapoor then remember my recipe is very different and simple than his. Here is the step by step procedure for matar mushroom recipe. It is also commonly known as mushroom peas curry.
Ingredients for Matar Mushroom:
- Green peas (Mutter ½ cup)
- Mushrooms (200gm)
- Cinnamon (1inch stick)
- Onion(1medium chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste(1tbsp)
- Tomato(1small puree)
- Chilli powder (1tsp or you can adjust it as per your taste)
- Coriander powder (1tsp)
- Turmeric (1tsp)
- Garam masala(1tsp)
- Oil (2-3tbsp)
- Salt (To taste)
How to make Matar Mushroom:
- Wash and slice the mushrooms then finely chop onion.
- Heat oil in pan, add cardamom, cinnamon, black paper and stir for a while.
- Now add chopped onion and stir till onion become golden brown. Add ginger garlic paste and cook for 1minute.
- Add Chili powder, coriander, turmeric powder and mix it well.
- Now add tomato puree and cook till oil comes out of the masala.
- Add slice mushroom to the masala, mix it well and cover it in low medium heat till mushroom become tender.
- Beat the yogurt well and add to the mushroom.
- Lastly add the green peas, again cover it for two to three minute or till it become dry. I prefer kind of dry mushroom but if you want gravy in mushroom curry you can adjust it according to your wish.
- Finally add garam masala powder to the mushroom curry and serve it hot.
Now the mushroom mutter is ready to serve with rice or roti. If you have any new ideas just feel free to write me.