Mutton Curry Recipe
Spicy Mutton Curry
Are you a non-vegetarian? Do you like mutton? I like mutton curry because the curry enriches the flavor by the mutton fat, I will not prefer to cook my mutton curry with no mutton fats in it. This is certainly not for people who are very health conscious, obviously you can take the fats out and cook your mutton curry but I don’t know how it will taste to you.This is what I learned from my mom, she used to make this kind of mutton curry for us. I know I don’t cook this as good as her’s or it is my believe that she makes the better curry. However you can also try this at your kitchen.
Ingredients and Spices for Mutton Curry
- Mutton/Goat meat (1/2 lb)
- Oil (3tbsp) (I prefer to use mustard oil as it has a good smell but you can use any oil)
- Whole garam masala (1cinamon stick, 1 cardamom, 2cloves, 3 black pepper, 1bey leaf)
- Onion (1medium finely chopped )
- Coriander powder (1/2tbsp)
- Cumin powder (1/4tbsp)
- Turmeric powder (1tbsp)
- Red chili powder (optional ½ tbsp)
- Salt (as per taste)
- Mutton powder (1 and ½ tbsp)
- Tomato (1 medium finely chopped) ( you can use puree also)
- Cilantro (finely chopped for garnishing)
- Ginger garlic paste (1/2 tbsp)
How to Make Goat Meat Curry
- Take a pressure cooker and add oil to it, when oil becomes hot add the whole garam masala to it.
- Then add the chopped onion and fry it till it become golden brown.
- Then add the ginger garlic paste, fry it for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add coriander, cumin, turmeric, chili and mutton powder. Then mix it well and fry it till oil comes out of the masala.
- Then add tomato to masala and fry it for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the mutton to the masala and fry it 10-15 minutes with medium heat, when it becomes little tender add 2 cups of warm water and give 3 whistles to it.
- After pressure comes out of the cooker open the lid and sprinkle garam masala and chopped cilantro.
Now your mutton curry is ready to serve. You can eat this with rice, chapatti, naan or poori. You know something? I usually add potatoes to it as I love the gravy with potatoes, you can also do the same and let me know how it turns out for you.