Okra Yogurt Spicy Curry
Fried Okra with Yogurt Recipe
Hey, this time I have a friend to add my list of recipes. She is Snigdha who lives in Chicago and she sent me this delicious okra recipe that is cooked with yogurt. Looking to pictures it seems a great dish to try at home. Thanks Snigdha for sending this recipe. Vegetables are most necessary for our health. Lots of people are vegetarians, they do not take manage to extract various minerals for their body from vegetables only. You can make lots of vegetarian dishes using different vegetables. Okra is one of the most common vegetable and I think people like it, I definitely like it. Okra is commonly known in india as Bhindi. You can make different kinds of recipes using Okra as main ingredient. Okra with yogurt is the best recipe so try it today.
Okra Recipe Ingredients:-
- Bhindi/Okra (3-4 cups washed, dried and cut into 1 cm pieces)
- Onion, finely chopped (1 large)
- Tomatoes, finely chopped (2 large)
- Ginger-Garlic Paste (1 tbsp)
- Sugar (1 tbsp Optional)
- Yogurt, beaten (1 cup)
- Grated Coconut, fresh/frozen (1 tbsp)
- Cashew Nuts ( 6-8 soaked in warm milk for at least 10 minutes)
- Kasuri Methi/Dried Fenugreek Leaves (½ -1 tbsp)
- Garam Masala/Kitchen King Masala (1 tbsp)
- Red Chilli Powder (½ -1 tsbp as per taste)
- Turmeric Powder (½ tbsp)
- Amchur/Dry Mango Powder (½ -1 tbsp)
- Coriander Powder (½ tbsp)
- Oil (2-3 tbsp)
- Salt to taste
- Mustard Seeds (1 tbsp)
- Cumin Seeds (½ tbsp)
- Urad Dal/Split Black Lentils(1 tbsp)
- Dry Red Chillies (2-3)
- A Pinch of Hing/Asafoetida
- Few Curry Leaves
How to Make Okra Yogurt Indian Spicy Curry
- Take the cut okra in a bowl and sprinkle little salt and keep it aside for half an hour.
- Take a pan, add some oil and fry the okra in high flame till it turns brown about 5-8 minutes.
- Transfer these fried okras in a plate and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When it splutters add cumin seed, urad dal, red chili and hing (asafetida) and curry leaves and sauté it until it turns golden brown.
- Now add chopped onions and fry until golden brown. Add ginger- garlic paste and fry a bit till the oil separates or the raw smell disappears, now add the coriander powder, amchur, garam masala or kitchen king, red chili powder and turmeric and Fenugreek Leaves and fry for a minute in very low flame.
- Add chopped tomato at this point and cook till it becomes pulp kind.
- Now add the paste of cashew soaked in milk and grated coconut.
- After a minute add curd, salt and sugar a bit. Stir it well and add half cup water according to the consistency (if you feel it is thick) and add the fried okras. Allow it to cook for 5 minutes in low flame, make sure to cover it.
Now okra curd curry is ready to serve. Serve it hot with roti or rice. Hope you all will enjoy it. Try it today and do not forget to leave me comments of your experience.