Palak Aloo Curry
Spinach Potato Curry Recipe
Spinach potato is authentic Indian recipe. You can call it Indian saag aloo also. It is most popular Punjabi curry. Spinach is major source of iron and it contains more vitamins among all vegetables. I prefer to cook spinach at least once or twice a week. Here I have given step by step procedure to make spinach potato curry.
- Spinach 1 bunch
- Baby potatoes(5-6 small size)
- Onion (1medium size finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste (1-1/2tbsp)
- Green chilies(2-3 optional)
- Tomato (small size finely chopped or you can use puree)
- Red chili powder(1/2 tbsp optional)
- Coriander powder(1/2tbsp)
- Cumin powder(1/2tbsp)
- Garam masala(1/2 tbsp or you can use whole garam masala in oil and blend it later with spinach)
- Cumin seeds (1/2 tbsp)
- Turmeric powder(1/2 tbsp)
- Heavy whipping cream/milk (1/2 cup)
- Salt to taste
- Oil (2tbsp)
Making Indian Saag Aloo Recipe:
- Take a pan, add oil when oil becomes hot add cumin seeds and then onion.
- Fry it till it gets golden brown then add ginger garlic paste and add all spices, tomato to the fried onion. Again fry it till oil comes out of the masala.
- Take another pan boil this spinach with very little water (do not cover this spinach at the time of boil else it will lose the green color).
- Boil the potato with some water. Peel the skin of the potato and fry it with little oil for a while.
- Blend the boiled spinach with fried masala (remember first cool the spinach and masala then blend it)
- Take a pan and boil the blended spinach for a while and mix the whip cream to the spinach mixture, if you do not have any cream not to worry you can add milk also. Adjust salt according to your taste
- Mix the fried potato to this mixture and again boil it for 1-2 minutes. At last add the garam masala.
Now spinach aloo is ready for the party. You can serve it with chapatti, puri, paratha or rice. If you have new ideas just share here.