Pineapple Mayo Recipe
Quick Pineapple Sandwich Recipe
Pineapple with Mayonnaise sounds interesting. I thought I will make it more interesting by adding some Indian spices to it.
I have seen many Indians abroad like in Chicago keep looking for Indian food so I thought how can I give little Indian flavor to American food. Let’s start making our Pineapple mayo with some crispy shrimps. The recipe I have given here is for 2-3 people.
Ingredients for Pineapple Mayo:
- 10 large size shrimp(peeled)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1green chili/Serrano pepper(finely chopped optional)
- 1 tsp oil(vegetable /olive I prefer to use olive oil)
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks(finely chopped)
- 2tbsp Coriander/Cilantro(finely chopped)
- 2tbsp mayonnaise
- Salt (as per taste)
- 2tbsp paste(make a paste using garlic, onion, chilies, black pepper, mustard and celery)
- 2tbsp Corn meal
- Oil (for frying)
- Tomato and lettuce for sandwich(or you can use your fav vegetables)
How to Make a Quick Sandwich with Pineapple Mayo:
- In a mixing bowl, toss the shrimp with salt, and the shrimp marinating paste. Let it sit for 20 minutes.
- In the mean time we will make our pineapple mayo. In a pan add olive oil when it becomes slightly hot add cumin and fennel seeds. Once it’s done add finely chopped onion, green chili and fry it in a medium heat till it turn to light pink in color.
- Now time to add turmeric powder and mix it well. I added the turmeric now so that it doesn’t burn.
- Add your chopped pineapple with this onion and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Now transfer the pineapple to another bowl and let it cool for a while. Add mayo and cilantro to it and mix it well. Your pineapple mayo is ready to serve.
- Now it’s time to make crispy shrimps. Coat those marinated shrimps with cornmeal.
- In a skillet add oil when it becomes hot add those cornmeal coated shrimps and fry it in a medium heat until it turn to brown.
Now your pineapple mayo is ready to serve with crispy shrimps. Serve this with bread bun or your favorite bread with some slice tomatoes and lettuce. Hope you will like this easy and quick recipe. Please post your suggestions, recipes and comments here.