Recipe of Sponge Rasgulla
Rasgulla Recipe Pressure Cooker
Bengali rasgulla is a traditional Indian dessert. It is most popular in Orissa, Westbengal Assam and loved by every Indian. You can make this sweet dish made with cheese in any occasion. It is my all time favorite dish. Here is something one should never forget when it is about Bengali rasgullas, one 100 gm of rasgulla contains 150-180 calories. If you are eating 3 rasgullas then it is about 500 calorie that is equivalent to a full course mill.
Ingredients for Bengali Rasgulla Cooked in a Pressure Cooker:
- Milk (1 Liter)
- Lemon Juice/vinegar(3-5 tbsp I use vinegar)
- Sugar (1 1/2 cup)
- Water(2 cups)
- Cardamom powder(1/2 tbsp)
- Pressure cooker
- Some ice cube
- Muslin cloth
How to make Easy Rasgulla:
- Take a pan, add milk and bring it to boil.
- Add lemon juice or vinegar to this boiled milk and stir constantly. You can see the cheese separate from the milk. Turn off the stove and add ice cubes to this cheese.
- Separate the cheese from this water using a strainer.
- Hang the cheese with a muslin cloth for about 3-4 hour till all water come out of the cheese.
- Rub the cheese for a while and make soft dough, this is the toughest part and don’t cheat here. If you don’t rub the cheese finely then it will be really hard after you put them in freezer. Add cardamom powder to the dough and Make round shape small rasgulla with this soft dough. The more you will make the dough soft you will get the nice and sponge rasgulla.
- Take another pan, add water and bring it to boil. Now add sugar and cardamom powder and make syrup. Boil the water till it become thick.
- Now take a pressure cooker, add some water and 2-4tbsp of sugar to boil it.
- Add this rasgulla balls to the boiling water and close the lid to give one whistle.
- Remove the rasgulla from cooker and put in sugar syrup.
Now your Bengali rasgullas are ready to serve. You can serve this rasgulla hot or chilled but best is to eat them when they are at room temperature. If you have any new ideas just feel free to share me here.