Tilapia Fish Curry
Recipe for Tilapia Fish Curry
If you are health conscious then you must know the importance of fish, we all need it as it gives lots of protein to us. Fish oil has lots of benefits, particularly if you have diseases related to heart, high cholesterol, weight loss, depression, anxiety, cancer etc. I am from a costal belt and we often get lots of sea food in a cheap price. I love hilsa, pamphlet, shrimp a lot but here is a recipe for you that I tried with tilapia fish. This fish is commonly available in Southern India, if you live outside of India then you will find it everywhere.
Spicy Tilapia Fish Curry Ingredients:
- Tilapia fish (1lb)(You can use any fish here)
- Onion (1 medium size, finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste (1tbsp)
- Coriander powder (1tbsp)
- Cumin powder (1/2tbsp)
- Chili powder (1/2tbsp as per your taste)
- Turmeric powder (1tbsp)
- Salt (as per taste)
- Tomato (1 medium size, finely chopped)
- Whole garam masala (1 cardamom, 2 cloves, 2-3 black pepper)
- Oil (2-3tbsp)
- Coriander leaves and green chili (for garnishing)
- Fish powder (1tbsp)
- Potato (1 medium size boiled) (optional)
Process of Making Indian Fish Curry, Cooked with Tilapia Fish:
- Cut the fish into three four pieces as for your own size, wash it in cold water. Add 1/2tbsp salt, 1/2tbsp turmeric powder, 1tbsp oil.
- Keep the fish in oven for 20 minutes at 400-450 degree Fahrenheit, I would like to bake the fish using oven as I don’t get the smell out.
- Take a pan and add 2tbsp oil, when oil becomes hot add whole garam masal and onion. Fry it until it becomes golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry it 1-2 minutes then add coriander powder, cumin powder, chili powder and fish masala.
- Fry it till oil comes out from the masala. Add chopped tomato and fry it for 5 minutes.
- Then add boil/baked potato and fish with the mixture, stir it well. Add 1 cup warm water and boil it for 5 minutes.
Now the spicy fish curry is ready to serve, garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and chopped green chili. This recipe can be served to two people, eat with roti or rice. If you ever decide to cook this tilapia fish at your home then don’t forget to write me back here. I would love to listen your experience.