Vegetarian Stuffed Potatoes
How to Make Stuffed Potatoes
If you are a frequent visitor to my blog then you might have noticed it is full of non-vegetarian recipes. Some of my friends who don’t eat non-veg complained many times and asked for some vegetarian recipes. So here is a vegetarian recipe on your request.
It doesn’t matter whether one eats veg/non-veg but he/she definitely likes potato. Especially people in India use potato in most of the curries. Today I am going to make bharwa aloo(stuffed potato). You can make it in different ways but it is completely my way of making stuffed potato in creamy yogurt sauce.
Ingredients for Making Bharwa Potato:
- 4 large potato (cut into two pieces from the middle)
- 2tbsp cottage cheese
- 2-4 crushed cashew
- 3-4 raisin chopped
- 1tsp red chilli powder
- 1tsp coriander powder
- ½tsp cumin powder
- 1-2 green chilli finely chopped
- Salt as per taste
- 2tsp chat masala( you can adjust according to your taste)
- 1 large Onion finely chopped
- 1tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1tsp cashew paste
- 1/2 small tomato finely chopped
- 1/2tsp dry fenugreek
- Oil for deep frying
- Some Chopped coriander leaves
- 2tbsp yogurt
Bharwa Aloo Recipe:
- Cut the potato from centre and make it two pieces. Now scoop out the potato from centre as shown in picture and put them in cold water.
- Deep fry these potato pieces till it become slightly brown.
- Again fry those scooped potatoes and keep them aside. Once it cools down completely add cheese, crushed cashew, raisin, chat masala, chopped green chilli, chopped coriander leaves and salt as per taste and mash it well.
- Now stuff the mashed mixture in those hollow fried potato pieces and keep them aside.
- Take another pan and add 2tbsp oil, once it becomes hot add chopped onion( usually what I do, make a fine paste along with ginger and garlic with half of the onion and make another half finely chopped. This way the gravy becomes smooth.) to it and fry till it turn slightly golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry it for a while.
- Add chopped tomato, salt, fenugreek leaves, coriander, cumin and red chilli powder. Fry it in a low flame till oil comes out from the masala.
- Now add cashew paste and fry it 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 ½ cup of water to it and let it simmer for a while.
- Add well beaten yogurt to it and mix it well.
- Now time to add stuffed potato to this gravy and let it boil in a low medium flame for 5-8 minutes. You can adjust your gravy by adding water.
- Finally garnish this with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or chapati.
I love to eat this with plain rice and simple cucumber salad. Hope you all will like this recipe. Try this one today in your kitchen and leave me two lines about your experience.