Whole Masoor Dal Recipe
Quick Lentil Recipe
A simple soup/dal recipe mixed with different spices and vegetables. If you are one of the lovers of lentil then here is a simple dal recipe for you.
It is very easy to make, I can say easiest recipe I ever made. You will get this soup recipe at many places but here is my style of spicy lentil soup/dal for you. Try it today in your kitchen as it is already cold in Chicago. The recipe I have given here is for 3-4 people.
Lentil Soup Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 1/4 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1/3 tbsp White Sesame seeds
- 2-3 no Cloves
- 1 Big Cardamom
- 1 small Cinnamon stick
- 4-5 Black peppercorns
- One small Bay leaf
- 1½ tsp Oil
- 1cup Whole lentil/whole masoor dal
- 2tbsp vegetable Oil (for making dal)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 small tomato(finely chopped)
- 2-3pods< of /span>garlic
- 1 ½ tbsp tomato paste(optional)
- Salt (as per taste)
- 1tsp Lemon juice(optional)
Homemade Lentil Soup Recipe:
- In a pan heat the oil and roast all the spices together till they turn dark in color. The color should be a very dark brown so that you will get a good color to the masala. Keep stirring to avoid burnt spices. Once roasted, let it cool and then grind it to make a fine powder.
- Take a pressure cooker add lentil with 2cups of water, boil it for 10-15 minutes.
- Now in a pan add oil, when oil becomes hot add chopped onion, tomato and garlic. Fry it just for a while.
- Now add 1 ½ tbsp of Grounded masala to this onion and mix it well.
- Add boiled lentil to this masla mixture and let it boil for 10-15 minutes. (you can adjust water and salt as per your requirement).
- Finally add lemon juice to it and mix well.
Now lentil soup is ready to serve with rice, naan bread or croutons. I and my husband love to eat this with butter and garlic croutons. Please feel free to leave some lines here.